In your morning rush to get the kids ready for school and yourself to work on time, the last thing you need is to get to your car and find the dreaded wintertime frustration: a frosted-over windshield. You don’t have to let this common inconvenience get your day started off on the wrong foot – you just need a few tips on how to quickly defog and defrost so you can be on your way. Read on for the lowdown from Glass Doctor.
Frost-Free and Ready to Go
The key to quick defogging and defrosting is creating the ideal atmospheric conditions inside your vehicle to aid in the removal of moisture from the air. You don’t want all the science, though, you just want a quick solution. Here are some helpful tips to getting those windows cleared and getting on with your day.
- Heat things up. Start the engine and crank up the heater on the defroster setting as high as it will go. This will help absorb excess moisture inside your car’s cabin.
- Press the A/C button. Sounds counterintuitive, but this will activate a system inside the A/C that uses the A/C coils to help dry the air out faster.
- Bring the outside air inside. Turn off air recirculation and crack your windows. Fresh cold air from the outside is dry, so ushering it into your car’s interior will speed in the moisture absorption process.
- Combine a simple solution of 2/3 cup isopropyl or rubbing alcohol and 1/3 cup of water in a multi-purpose spray bottle.
- Store this magical mixture in your car – it won’t freeze, and it’s so much easier than scraping! (And just for the record, you should never, ever use hot water to defrost a frosty window.)
You might also like: Healthy Casserole Recipe
Kirk Brothers Supercenter
Thinking about a new vehicle for your winter travels? You owe it to yourself to explore what we have in store for you at Kirk Brothers Supercenter. Our dealership carries a fantastic selection of new Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC models at simply incredible prices – not to mention a large and diverse array of high-quality used cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. There’s something here for every driver’s need and budget, and with the convenience of our Grenada location serving Greenwood, MS, and Memphis, TN, there’s no reason to put off getting an amazing bargain on your new car today!